Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Places


 








The next place I would want to write about is Candies!!
Candies was like “The Place” during college days, it still is actually. My college years would have been incomplete without candies.
Every time I hear the word Candies or even think about candies, the first thing that comes to my mind is, the good old days with my rock star friends.

 Candies is a restaurant located in Bandra. It is in three different areas, being reclamation, Union Park and Pali Hill. Initially I started going to the reclamation candies. It is a small place but the ambience there is amazing. It gives a complete Christmas like feel.  It is a really nice and a cozy place. A very close friend with his girlfriend took me to this candies for the first time.
More Importantly,  I would like to talk about, the Candies at “Pali Hill”. (Even when I think about that place, it gives me a very,”Oh my God” type feel.)  Apparently, I have heard that the owner’s bungalow was turned around to make this Candies, hence it has 4 or 5 different levels.
The place is huge and trust me, it’s so huge that there never will be a jam packed day at this candies. The ground floor is air-conditioned and different levels on the top are enormous, at every corner there is a table and a chair the, whole place is covered with plants and the walls are painted white with colorful tiles on them. The food there is great, they have lots of variety, it’s for the vegetarians and the non vegetarians, a few things on the menu are paneerkathi roll,veg roll, salad, cold coffee, blueberry cheese cake, dragon chicken, lasagna, cheese balls, biryani and thai curry etc.
About my memory in this place, “Some of my closest friends in college, live in suburbs i.e. (Bandra and Andheri) and I reside in South Bombay. Whenever we bunked class, which was the case often, I was literally kidnapped each day from Church gate (where my college was) to Bandra and taken to candies. We used to sit there for hours together, eating and chatting away to glory. As far I remember, we usually had a fix order that consists of, salad for Rishab, dragon chicken for Anu and Mushroom & Pepper steak form Sameer.
                        From college gossip, to our future!!From our individual girlfriends and boyfriends to the weather, we used to discuss it all….

Even today, Every time I go back to Bombay, the only place I crave for is Candies.
You really have to pay a visit to candies to actually see why I am going so mad talking about this place.
Caution: Please don’t faint when you see the place.



Cheers,
Sheetal

2 comments:

  1. You have got me all excited about going to Mumbai!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i happened to go there yesterday and i was spellbound, dumb-stuck and mesmerized. i could hardly believe my eyes!!

    Btw, nicely written :)

    ReplyDelete