Friday, September 24, 2010

Places





       















So let the Journey begin!!
I will start by talking about a few places that I just love in Mumbai .

 One such place is “Prithvi Café”.Something you really can’t miss.
It is an open air café in Juhu, this café is a part of the famous Prithvi Theatre.
Prithvi café is an ideal place to go relax and forget about all your worries.

The ambience of Prithvi café is something worth talking about, the dimly lit paper lanterns, sofa seats placed under the trees, and not to forget the old bearded uncle who plays the most amazing flute I have ever heard, all add a completely different charisma to the place.

The food available in the café is a unique combination of items from many popular places in Mumbai . It consists of Vada Pav from a popular vendor outside Mithibai College, Samosa from Gurukripa in Juhu, Bun Maska from Irani cafés, coco delights from Mocha, Khari biscuit and more from American Bakery etc. The best things on the menu according to me are the spicy Egg burji, different types of Tea and the variety of chaats available.

Serious conversations or light hearted talks.
Silently sitting and gazing at people or just getting lost in your thoughts is something that you can look forward to, at Prithvi café.

The café looks the best during the evening time and one person who I have always spotted at the café is “Makrand Deshpande”. He is like always there, that way you do get to see many other theatre personalities also there.

Since the blog is also about my memories. My closest memory attached to Prithvi café is about a day, when I wasn’t in too great a mood. I just went there, ordered for some nice hot chai and started writing about every single thing I felt at that point of time. The ambience was so soothing that time passed by. I was totally rejuvenated when I walked out of the place. (See, you don’t always need people to make you feel better. Sometimes it’s just the place that can do good to you.)

Other than this, during college days, we had our “Quantative technique” subject tuitions held at some place near the cafe. After class, we just used to run to the café and hog like we haven’t eaten in days and have the most amazing conversations ever while eating. So yes, those were the days.

Please do visit Prithvi café when you’re in Mumbai. I am sure you’ll feel as good as I do, even when I just think about it.
And for all the people who stay in Mumbai and still haven’t gone there, Guys what are you waiting for???????

Cheers,
Sheetal

6 comments:

  1. Ive always been told of Prithvi being a cool place to visit...only now I know why! :) I guess its time to visit this place ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's places like Prithvi cafe that bring out yet another facet of the city. Its a general perception that Mumbai runs all the time.
    As a Mumbaikar, I know, its not true. It might be difficult to explain how, but its places like Prithvi that show you how!
    Mumbai's rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I go to Prithvi so often but what an effect your post has had that I feel like there must be so much more to explore ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love the cafeeee.... :) its some experience to sit there in the eveneings.. Mumbai .. one simply falls in love with it yaar..

    ReplyDelete
  5. M waiting for u Sheetuu... lets go thr once u back in mumbai :) :)

    ReplyDelete